This course is part 1 of 7 of the IBM Statistics Academy.
Laying the Foundation is a two day course intended to provide participants with fundamental concepts of statistics. Hereby we focus on giving an intuition of the concepts and their meaning in a practical environment, without grinding through mathematical equations. Consequently, this training features an excellent crash-course for all interested newcomers and offers a great fine-tuning for more advanced statisticians.
- Decision-maker with little to no experience in data analytics
- Ongoing data analysts with little to no experience in statistics
Interest in statistics and data analysis.
In this course we learn which aspects most decisions in statistics are based on and weak spots of these.
- Concepts of probability and randomness
- Random variables
- Dependency and conditional probability
- Distributions of random variables
- Multivariate distributions
- Descriptive data analytics
- Statistical hypotheses
- Statistical testing and interpretation
- Confidence intervals and random intervals
- Law of large numbers